What's in the neighborhood?
Hungry? Thirsty? Curious? We've got you covered.
Where to Grab Coffee & Tea Nearby
If you're rushing to class, remember that we always have yummy coffee and tea ready in class ;)
Otherwise, here are the closest options:
- There's a Tim Hortons on the south-side of our building and McCafe across the street.
- Hopper Coffee makes killer Americanos and Cappuccinos, about 250m away right on College Street.
Where to Eat Nearby:
For some quick fixes:
- Right next to our building's front entrance is Clubhouse Sandwich Shop, which makes bangin' sammies
- Mi'Hito Sushi Laboratory for sushi, sushi burritos, sushi tacos, and poke bowls is just a 2 minute walk
- For some fast-food, you have your pick of Smoke's Poutinerie, Pizza Nova, Popeyes, Tim Hortons and Burger King
For a sit-down meal:
- Mother Dumplings is an iconic spot for shareable Chinese fare & handmade dumplings
- Grasshopper, a fresh vegan bistro for all your tasty veg needs
- Otto's Berlin Döner for hefty döner sandwiches and currywurst. They have a disco light washroom!
- For some mind-blowing Iranian stews, you need The Pomegranate
- Auntie's & Uncle's for the best classic brunch in seriously vintage hipster digs
Where to Hang Out Nearby:
Wanna stay a while? Livelihood Cafe is an amazing non-profit that helps people build careers that are sustainable over time. Good snacks and good cause! Fika Cafe is a gorgeous Scandinavian-inspired cafe and bakeshop, with a wall made of books!
Book lover? You're in luck and good company! We're across the street from the gorgeous Lilian H Smith Library, and steps away from Toronto mainstays Beguiling Comics & Art and She Said Boom: Used Books & Records
After class drinks? Cafe Pamenar doubles as a cafe, bar, and art/music venue, with a beautiful back patio. You can get your fix of local brews at Kensington Brewery Co., craft beer and cocktails at Trinity Commons, and there's Poetry Jazz Cafe for some... well, jazz, and poetry!
Vintage lover? Take a walk down Kensington Avenue and find heaps of vintage stores to explore. Never a dull moment :)